We invite you to be a part of the Pacific Academy family.
A Message From Our Head of School
Pacific Academy is an independent, co-ed, Christian school for students in Junior Kindergarten (ages 3 and 4) through Grade 12. The school is operated by the Pacific Pentecostal Education and Communication Society, an independent non-profit society. Founded in 1985 by a group of Christian pastors and laymen, the school opened in Coquitlam with an enrolment of 200 students. In January 1991, Pacific Academy moved to new facilities on 40 acres in Surrey, BC. In September 2004, Pacific Academy High School became an International Baccalaureate World School.
Information for Applications
In this portion of our site, you'll find all the information you'll need to apply. Please take the time to carefully read through our Core Values, Statement of Faith, Parent's Code & Admissions Procedures found below.
Vision: To be global servants through Christian education.
Mission Statement: Empowered by the Holy Spirit, Pacific Academy seeks to create an inspiring community of Christ-centred learners equipped to lead and serve.
Core Values: At Pacific Academy we value:
- An adventurous, Christ-centred personal relationship with God;
- Personal growth, innovation and the pursuit of excellence;
- A community reflecting Christ working in our lives; and
- Service and leadership empowered by the Holy Spirit within and beyond our school community.
Core Goals: At Pacific Academy we will:
- Introduce students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and the work and ministry of the Holy Spirit;
- Present a Christian view of the world;
- Provide for every student the resources and skills necessary to live a life of service to God and their neighbours; and
- Provide every student with the opportunity to experience and live out a Christian worldview.
Once we have received your information, you'll be contacted by mail and informed of the status of your application. Pacific Academy does not have an application deadline, but offers seats when they become available. Applications for admission in September are accepted 11 months in advance, i.e. the first working day in October of the previous year.
If and when there is the possibility of a seat being available, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. Interviews for kindergarten start in early February, and interviews for grades 1 - 12 begin in April after re-registration of current students is completed.
Once acceptance has been confirmed we require: (a) a non-refundable $150 registration fee per child, (b) a completed direct monthly payment authorization form or a post-dated cheque for the entire year's tuition, and (c) a post-dated cheque for the student damage deposit.
If a student is not accepted, a new application is not necessary every year, provided you contact the Registrar's Office in writing prior to October 1st to notify us of your wish that the student's name remain on the wait list. A copy of the student's year-end report card must accompany your notification. If we do not hear from you before October 1st, we'll automatically discard the application.
Registration priority categories:
- Students presently enrolled.
- Students who, or whose parent(s), regularly attend a Pentecostal or similar charismatic Christian church, or students who, or whose parent(s), regularly attend an evangelical Christian church and have experienced the infilling of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by the sign of speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance (Acts 2:4).
- Students who, or whose parent(s), regularly attend an evangelical Christian church. Constitutionally, Pacific Academy must strive to fulfill the mandate that 75% of our student body be from category 2. Siblings of students presently enrolled are given priority within categories 2 and 3.
Application Requirements Checklist:
The following will be required while filling out the online application:
Uploadables (.gif, .png, .jpg, .pdf format - 5mb max file size)
- Picture of Applicant
- Proof of Age (ie. Birth Certificate, Passport)
- Proof of Citizenship (ie. Passport, Citizen Card) - note if you have included a Canadian Birth Certificate or Passport to fulfill the Proof of Age requirement you do not need to upload it again)
- Custody Order (if applicable)
- Court-Appointed Guardianship (if applicable)
- Proof of Residency - Pacific Academy confirms parent residency based on the same criteria as the CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency.) Therefore, we request that you provide confirmation that you are currently paying taxes in Canada by submitting a copy of your Notice of Assessment. The front page will suffice, confirming your taxpayer residency status. No income information is necessary.
- Last Report Card (not JK Applicants)
- Immunization Record
Also required but not uploadable:
- Health Card Number
- Doctor and Dentist contact information
- Emergency Contacts (2)
- Current School contact information (not JK Applicants)
- Last BC School contact information - if current school is not in BC (not JK Applicants)
Tuition & Fees
$150 per child.
Due upon acceptance to Pacific Academy. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
Student Damage Deposit
$50 per child Kindergarten through grade 8. $150 per student grades 9-12 up to a maximum of $250 per family. Due on or before September 1st.
$75 per student. Due upon re-enrolment in March.
$40 per month graduation activity fee is included in the above schedule.
$150 per month is payable in addition to the above schedule for students enrolled in the IB program.
While Pacific Academy's primary function is to serve Canadian families and students, we do believe we can all be enriched by reaching out to the world. The presence of international students on our campus adds an interesting and exciting element to the school.