The BC Health Authorities together with the Ministry of Education has provided guidelines on a phased-in approach to the expansion of in-class learning on June 1, 2020.
There are approximately 5,000 students who are currently in school in the province of British Columbia. This includes the children of essential service workers and those who need the extra support that a school setting provides. As we move forward with Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan we will be welcoming students on campus following the provincial health and safety guidelines for K-12 setting . We know you may have lots of questions about this transition.
The Ministry of Education has developed a FAQ web page that contains information about a variety of topics during this time of transition. Please note Pacific Academy will be strictly rigous…
The health and safety of our students, staff and families is of utmost importance and the Guidelines from the Provincial Health Officer, Ministry of Education, BCCDC and WorkSafeBC will be rigorously applied for a safe return to in-class instruction including:
• Physical distancing, which may include staggered drop off/pick up times, staggered recess and lunch breaks, and increased outdoor time.
• Increased instruction around personal hygiene, including hand washing technique and frequency; access to additional handwashing stations and hand sanitizer.
• Limits on class sizes and the number of individuals inside a building at any given time.
• Limiting touch points and access to non-essential areas.
• Increased cleaning protocols within buildings.
• Providing children of essential service workers, students with diverse needs and vulnerable students with continued access to 5 days a week, in-class instruction.
We are grateful that we are able to welcome back students and families on campus in this new phase of BC’s restart plan. We appreciate this has been a challenging time but we are confident that God is faithful through every situation.